"We are committed to enhancing international volunteering in developing countries with a positive impact and helping reduce negative impact"
It all started in 2015, where we (Mirthe and Zillah) traveled to Indonesia to do research about volunteering and vulnerable target groups. We were curious about the term 'Social Work' in Indonesia and how it is approached there. What were the opportunities for underprivileged children, for example, and what could we learn from this? But more importantly, what could we do for these children? We saw many harmful situations such as poverty, poor living environments, and little to no education. We realized that help was needed.
We met with local social workers, experts, and volunteers where they taught us how they worked. The hospitality and care they gave was indescribable. We learned about their protocols and were eager to exchange this for our knowledge. We did this by giving workshops, we offered workshops to (new) volunteers about 'Social Work' and helped them through their experiences. The use of personal qualities was central during this process. How great is it to use your own qualities to help others? We wrote a manual that offers tools for future (international) volunteers. In practice this turned out to be so effective that we - in collaboration with Project Child Indonesia - decided to continue this project. We believe it is very important that social volunteering is carried out in a responsible manner. We would like to offer (future) volunteers and interns the opportunity to support projects but doing so in a responsible way. Thus, the Think Volunteer foundation was set up by bundling our knowledge and experience.
The Think Volunteer Foundation stands for responsible travel and voluntary work. Think Volunteer is a foundation, registered with the Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands. Since October 29, 2020, the Think Volunteer Foundation has ANBI status Our foundation is therefore recognized by the tax authorities as a public benefit institution (ANBI). This is under the RSIN number 859624973.
Our donors may deduct their donations from income or corporate tax. In addition, this means that we do not pay any inheritance tax or gift tax for gifts and legacies that we use for our purpose.
Would you like to view our registration with the tax authorities? Click on the link below to go to the site of the Tax Authorities.
Enter "Think Volunteer" at Institution and "Hengelo" at location.
Belastingdienst.nl – Find the ANBI program →
Donations: via our platform Think Charity you can donate in diverse ways. We offer 'Business friend of' for companies and organizations, but also as a private individual you can support Think Volunteer as 'friend of'.
Discover Responsible Volunteering
With Think Volunteer you know that you are going to get acquainted with volunteering in a responsible way. Think Volunteer Academy is a platform in development that will eventually be there to train you to become a volunteer who will actually mean something. You will be guided by experience experts and Social Workers. Knowledge is brought together, so that attention is paid to the needs of volunteers and the local population.
Team Think Volunteer Netherlands
Finance & Administration
- Academic PABO
- Experience expert
Marketing & Communication
Photographer & Videographer
All around Advisor
Team Think Volunteer International
Local Project Manager & Guide
Think Volunteer Foundation general information
Bijenkorf 74, 7559 EP Hengelo
Chamber of Commerce 73677736
RSIN number 859624973
NL17 INGB 0006 6754 48
Registered office in Ede
Founded on 11-01-2019
Board Think Volunteer
Joffrey Bieleman - General Board Member / Business
Evie Camps - Treasurer
Ruben Fukur - General Board Member
Annabelle Poventud - General Board Member
Mirthe Kroeze - Secretary
Zillah Paliama - President
Honorary Member Think Volunteer
The board is unpaid and receives no remuneration. In this case, therefore, no attendance allowances are paid. Board members can only declare expenses incurred on behalf of the foundation.
Norm for destination income
The organization uses the 90/100 standard. This means that 90% goes to a project and/or charity. The other 10% are for the audit of the bookkeeping and annual accounts.
Other board matters
Think Volunteer is always open to strengthening policy and management. They are always open to comments and suggestions. For more information, please contact Mirthe Kroeze.